- Fleetwood Mac Original Members -- Consisted of Mick Fleetwood and John Mcvie and founding members Peter Green who left in 1970 after taking some bad LSD and Jeremy Spencer who abruptly left the group in 1971 to join the Children of God cult.
- Mcvie's -- After John McVie married Christine McVie. The pianist and singer joined Fleetwood Mac and remained a member for the next 25 years. She and John McVie divorced in 1978, although both continued as members of Fleetwood Mac through the albums Tusk 1979 and Mirage 1982.
- Mick Fleetwood -- In 1974 he was searching for a new guitarist to replace the departed Bob Welch, when he ran across Buckingham Nicks at Sound City Studios. He was impressed by the song “Frozen Love” from their Polydor album. He rang Lindsey Buckingham on New Year’s Eve, 1974 inviting him to join the group. This was a huge turning point for the band as it was the bringing together of Stevie Nicks and Christine Mcvie which would form the nucleus of one of the greatest bands in rock history.The biggest strengths of the group is the friendship between Stevie Nicks and Christine Mcvie which has never wavered . The seductresss,' Stevie Nicks' is the band's, witchy goddess, McVie, the warrior queen, strong and steady. She's also one of its key creative forces, having written half the songs on the band's Greatest Hits album.
Dont Stop written by Christine Mcvie
- Lindsay Buckingham -- Born into a wealthy San Francisco family in October 1947, Lindsey Buckingham, fell under early influence of Elvis Presley’s guitarist Scotty Moore and folk groups such as The Kingston Trio and Peter, Paul And Mary. He taught himself guitar and by 1968 found himself playing bass in a local Bay Area in a band called Fritz with high school girlfriend Stevie Nicks. They moved to Los Angeles as a duo in 1971. Nicks and Buckingham met in high school in San Mateo, Calif. Their fiery relationship has always been a contributing factor in the bands on again, off again ,history. It was 1973, and the then-25-year-old singer Nicks and her guitarist boyfriend Lindsey Buckingham were posing for the cover of their first album, Buckingham Nicks. When their record label had asked the duo to look sexy for a photo shoot but when the self conscious Nicks was told to remove her blouse by the photographer. She didn’t want to do it. Buckingham allegedly lost it.“Don’t be a f — king child,”. “This is art!”
- Stevie Nicks -- The Gold Dust Woman, Nicks was born in May 1948 and grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, she first met Buckingham when she transferred to a high school in San Francisco in 1966. Interesting trivia about the mystical Stevie. She's as blind as a bat . She would sing Darling Clementine with her country singing grandpa A.J.Nicks at the age of 4. Nicks once said “I’ll be very, very sexy under 18 pounds of chiffon and lace and velvet. And nobody will know who I really am.”. She also sings in one of her greatest songs, “Silver Springs,” . Time cast a spell on you, but you won’t forget me,”. “You’ll never get away from the sound of the woman who loves you.” The legend of Nicks grows every year and she did a huge arena tour last year with the Pretenders. It showed that people will show up in droves just for her.
Frozen Love Buckingham Nicks
- Latest News -- The firing of Lindsey Buckingham and the addition of Mike Campbell and Neil Finn as touring members.
- Neil Finn -- Split Enz was initially founded by Tim Finn in 1972 and went on to become one of the most successful bands to ever originate from New Zealand. Tim's brother Neil was too young to join the band initially, as he was still in school, but sometimes opened for Split Enz as a solo artist in the band's early years. One day the call came from older brother Tim, asking him to join Split Enz as lead guitarist. Though Neil only was proficient on acoustic guitar, not electric. Split Enz trusted in his talent and ability to learn, and after a period of keeping his guitar playing low in the mix, Neil settled in. Some of Split Enz's biggest hits are Neil's originals, including "Message to My Girl" and "I Got You".It was Neil Finn's "I Got You," the band made the big break. The single and album hit number one in Australia and New Zealand.
I Got You Split Enz